Would you like to learn the basic features of WordPress? Learning how to produce a website can be quite daunting. In our wordpress training workshops we simplify the process for you.
Maybe you have an interest in how websites work. Whatever your motivation the training for wordpress course will take you on a journey through the basics. You will never look back.
WordPress is used by millions of websites and drives 30% of the internet. As a content management system (CMS) it is by far the most popular holding 59% of the market. Its closest rival is Joomla at 28% of the market. Even organisation like CNN, SONY and eBay use WordPress. So if your website developer isn’t using WordPress maybe ask them why? Im not being critical, wordpress is just one of the best as determined by many web developers.
You will learn about the WordPress brand, how its open sources, which means it’s totally free. There are literally 1000’s of developers around the world upgrading and creating further functionality for WordPress websites. Most of the basic features/plugins are free but if you want to go premium there will generally be a cost. We will discuss that during the course.
There is no assessment for this course and the learning environment is stress-free. If you would like to actively participate in discussions, that would be great. If not, that’s also OK. You will receive a certificate of participation emailed to you after the WordPress training course is complete.
Who is this WordPress Training suited too?
- Anyone with an interest in websites.
- Secondary school students
- Students with an interest or undertaking studies on the edge of information technology – I.e. Marketing degree or business management degree.
- Anyone interested in starting an online blog, about something they are passionate about.
- Parents who would like to build a simple family website.
- Not-for-profit organisations and sporting clubs.
- Business owners and managers who understand that if you’re not on the web then you are probably losing customers.
- Furthermore, business owners who are paying large amounts of cash for a web developer and/or SEO specialist to get them more clients.
- Marketing specialists who deal with data on a daily basis and understand that Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) goes together with an understanding of website development.
About the Style of Training (non-technical)
Even though we introduce some simple Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and Hypertext Markup Language HTML. There is no coding or programming on this course. Most of the editing is completed via a WYSIWYG editor. Drag and drop style editing. Don’t worry we will go through the benefits of the best and worst editors.
At the end of the WordPress training course, you will be able too.
- Explain the purpose of a domain and how it works.
- Recognise good and bad hosting packages.
- Setup your WordPress website via cPanel
- Install a standard theme and perform basic editing of the theme
- State the difference between pages and posts and edit either
- Setup and manage widgets and menus
- Backing up the website; and
- An introduction to the intermediate course.
Why not consider a WordPress training workshop at your location anywhere across Melbourne, Ballarat and Victoria. We also travel interstate – please ask for a quote. Some Melbourne based businesses have used our onsite wordpress training workshops to update a current business website – what a resourceful idea.
What to bring with you:
Please bring a laptop and we will provide the refreshments. There is also wi-fi and a comfortable, stress-free learning environment.
If you require a laptop we can arrange this for you.
About the Facilitator:
Your facilitator will be Ken who has been involved in web design since 1997. Specialising in WordPress websites from beginner to advanced & search engine optimisation (SEO). If you have any questions please email me at “firstname.lastname@example.org”. JR Web Design is a Division of Syncretic Training Group. Ken is also a qualified workplace trainer and assessor (Cert 4 in Training & Assessment).
Please note: there will be a question and answer session after the wordpress training workshop has finished for anyone that would like to stay on and discuss all things WordPress (30 to 45 minutes)
The location is dependant on numbers. So we will be in touch 7 to 14 day prior to the course with an address.
Best Payments Methods:
Payment can be made via cash or credit card EFTPOS on the night of the course. Early bird discounts will apply as below:
1. Pay on Day = $82 inc GST
2. Early bird – Pay within 7 days of the course = $76 inc GST (10% Discount)
Important: We will send you a ticket to your email within 24 hours of receiving your registration, which will have online or offline payment instructions.
Solving Website Problems for Business.
Would you like your staff to take control of one of the most effective marketing tool you have? You may have even put a substantial amount of time and money in with seemingly with only a small benefit. We don’t claim we can make you a world-class developer. Even so, we do guarantee the knowledge gained during all of our courses will prepare you to recognise and make effective adjustments to your WordPress website.
If it’s one on one or a group of twenty employees or managers, they will all receive the same attention from our facilitators. Inspiration is the key to going on after our courses and further developing skills with hands-on activities. Many of your staff will be inspired by the positive nature of our classes
We can provide leadership and mentorship for your staff over weeks or even years. Corporate WordPress training courses can involve assessments if required by the organisation.
We can also provide your with intermediate and advanced WordPress training.
Ph 03 9005 1767 for all inquiries.
Please fill out the form to register: