Improving your knowledge of WordPress websites.
Would you like to learn the basic features of WordPress? Or maybe you have an interest in how websites work. Whatever your motivation the WordPress beginners course will take you on a journey through the basics. You will never look back.
WordPress is used by millions of websites and drives 30% of the internet. As a content management system (CMS) it is by far the most popular holding 59% of the market. Its closest rival is Joomla at 28% of the market. Even organisation like CNN, SONY and eBay use WordPress. So if your website developer isn’t using WordPress maybe ask them why?
You will learn about the WordPress brand, how its open sources, which means it’s totally free. There are literally 1000’s of developers around the world upgrading and creating further functionality for WordPress websites. Most of the basic features/plugins are free but if you want to go premium there will generally be a cost. We will discuss that during the course.
There is no assessment for this course and the learning environment will be stress-free. If you would like to actively participate in discussions, that would be great. If not, that’s also OK. You will receive a certificate of participation emailed to you after the course is complete.
Who is this WordPress course suited too?
- Anyone with an interest in websites.
- Secondary school students
- Students with an interest or undertaking studies on the edge of information technology – I.e. Marketing degree or business management degree.
- Anyone interested in starting an online blog, about something they are passionate about.
- Parents who would like to build a simple family website.
- Not-for-profit organisations and sporting clubs.
- Business owners and managers who understand that if you’re not on the web then you are probably losing customers.
- Furthermore, business owners who are paying large amounts of cash for a web developer and/or SEO specialist to get them more clients.
- Marketing specialists who deal with data on a daily basis and understand that Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) goes together with an understanding of website development.
About the Style of Training (non-technical)
Even though we introduce some simple Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and Hypertext Markup Language HTML. There is no coding or programming on this course. Most of the editing is completed via a WYSIWYG editor. Drag and drop style editing. Don’t worry we will go through the benefits of the best and worst editors.
- Explain the purpose of a domain and how it works.
- Recognise good and bad hosting packages.
- Setup your WordPress website via cPanel
- Install a standard theme and perform basic editing of the theme
- State the difference between pages and posts and edit either
- Setup and manage widgets and menus
- Backing up the website; and
- An introduction to the intermediate course.
What to bring with you:
- Please bring a laptop and we will provide the refreshments. There is also wi-fi and a comfortable, stress-free learning environment.
- If you require a laptop we can arrange this for you.
Your facilitator will be Ken who has been involved in web design since 1997. Specialising in WordPress websites from beginner to advanced & search engine optimisation (SEO). If you have any questions please email me at “firstname.lastname@example.org”. JR Web Design is a Division of Syncretic Training Group.
Please note: there will be a question and answer session after the course has finished for anyone that would like to stay on and discuss all things WordPress (30 to 45 minutes)
The location is dependant on numbers. So we will be in touch 7 to 14 day prior to the course with an address.
Best Payments Methods:
Payment can be made via cash or credit card EFTPOS on the night of the course. Early bird discounts will apply as below:
|1. Pay on Day||= $82 inc GST|
|2. Early bird – Pay within 7 days of the course||= $76 inc GST (10% Discount)|
|3. Early Bird – Pay greater than 14 days||= $68 Inc GST (22% Discount)|
Important: We will send you a ticket to your email within 24 hours of receiving your registration, which will have online or offline payment instructions.
Solving Website Problems for Business.
Would you like your staff to take control of one of the most effective marketing tool you have? You may have even put a substantial amount of time and money in with seemingly with only a small benefit. We don’t claim we can make you a world-class developer. Even so, we do guarantee the knowledge gained during all of our courses will prepare you to recognise and make effective adjustments to your WordPress website.
If it’s one on one or a group of twenty employees or managers, they will all receive the same attention from our facilitators. Inspiration is the key to going on after our courses and further developing skills with hands-on activities. Manz of your staff will be inspired by the positive nature of our classes
We can provide leadership and mentorship for your staff over weeks or even years. Corporate courses can involve assessments if required by the organisation.
Ph 03 9005 1767 for all inquiries.
Please fill out the form below to book a place on the course.